Safety training is an investment that pays back in innumerable ways – It is not only an investment to ensure that your next construction project is a success; it is also an investment in the success and security of your team members and crews. There is a direct correlation between a contractor’s training programs and its growth, competitiveness, financial stability and safety record.
Here are five reasons why safety training is a smart and solid investment in the success of your business:
- Reduce Risk – If you follow @BraunerSafety on Twitter, then you may have caught a glimpse of the latest post on how roofing was recently ranked the fourth most dangerous job in the U.S. due to a higher rate of fatal injuries and risks. According to OSHA, in CY 2018, roofers were one of the occupations listed as having fatality rates more than 10 times the all-worker rate of 3.5 fatalities per 100,000 FTE workers. Empowering and training crews is the key to mitigating such risks, and by keeping team members sharp and adept in the latest safety measures, your company can greatly reduce the risk of being a statistic.
- OSHA – OSHA violations are costly on many levels, damaging a company’s reputation and impacting the bottom line. More importantly, often such violations demonstrate that employees are at risk of injuries and fatalities. By securing OSHA training such as OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 by Brauner Safety Services, you can rest assured knowing that your crews are aware of the proper measures to take in order to stay safe and compliant with OSHA’s standards.
- Build Company Trust – When you provide safety training to your team and crews, they know that the company takes their safety and well-being seriously and makes it a priority. In general, training increases employee satisfaction, motivation and morale, and secure and satisfied employees usually lead to lower turnover rates and increased company loyalty. A healthy relationship between crews and company management that is built on trust is vital to a successful company culture. Whether team members are new or have been onboard for years, everyone can use a safety refresher; after all, if your crews are not up-to-date on the latest technology, equipment and applications, then they are not operating at optimal performance levels and are at increased risk for incidence.
- Build Trust with Clients – When you inform your clients that your crews are trained to handle any situation on the job site and are following appropriate safety measures, you provide them with a sense of relief that those working in and around their property will complete the project safely and effectively. Safety training can also be an attractive attribute and competitive advantage when marketing your company’s services to future customers.
- Reduce Costs and Liability – Proper and regular safety training programs reduce accidents and protect employees from injuries on the job, saving your company the cost of lost time, decreased productivity and increased insurance premiums.
To learn about how Brauner Safety Services can provide assessments and custom safety training programs to ensure that you and your crews are properly equipped and prepared for all conditions on the job, contact Brauner Safety Services.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on this website is for general educational purposes only and does not constitute legal or other professional advice or guidance. Moreover, the information provided may not be accurate for circumstances or equipment at an individual facility or specific worksite. The author takes no responsibility whatsoever for any person’s/entity’s use of or application of information provided on this website.